VBA code for a table

dadanis

Hi all,

I am using VBA today and I am struggling to put together a code that would work. Basically, I have huge table (B8:AH177) and I want VBA to sort the table in a descending order according to column S8 (S9:S177). Some of the data is not available, therefore it appears as #N/A in some cells and NR in other in the S8 column. First thing I want to do is unfilter these two variables so that they do not appear and order the actual figures ordered that are left after removing #N/A and NR in a descending order. I tried to write my own code and the two tasks work if I use the formulas separately but when I try to put them into one it stops working and an error message appears. Could someone please save me and show me my error? In addition, my code for removing #N/A and NR makes them disappear rather than unfilter, is there any way to actually unfilter these variables (i.e. when I press on the dropbox I would actually see that they are unfiltered). Hope this makes sense, thanks.

Sub huina()
'
ActiveSheet.Range("$B$8:$AH$177").AutoFilter Field:=17, Criteria1:="<>#N/A", Criteria2:="<>NR"
Operator:=xlFilterValues
'
Range("B8:AH8").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("CDS Analysis").AutoFilter .Sort.SortFields.Clear
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("CDS Analysis").AutoFilter.Sort.SortFields.Add Key _
:=Range("S8"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending, DataOption _
:=xlSortNormal
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Headline CDS").AutoFilter.Sort
.Header = xlYes
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With
Application.Run "CheckLoadedAddins"
End Sub

Re: VBA code for a table - urgent help needed

Simply swap that line round like this
Code:
       Sheets("Test1").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = Rng.Value

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Simply swap that line round like this
Code:
       Sheets("Test1").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Value = Rng.Value

True legend, it works perfectly now!!! I will have to do this to many, many columns and the code copy pastes the figures in the A2:A11 range. I understand from your code why it copy pastes it into Col A but could you explain how can I adjust the rows where to copy paste, as I will need to do the same procedure for some additional columns and paste them below this data set i.e. in the range A12:A21? A big big thank you again, unbelievable that there are so kind people on this Planet!

Upvote 0

That line will always copy to the first blank cell.
The part in red
Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff].Offset(1)[/COLOR]
Starts at the very last row in the sheet & goes up until it finds a cell that is not empty. And then the part in blue offsets 1 row (ie moves down)

Upvote 0

That line will always copy to the first blank cell.
The part in red
Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff].Offset(1)[/COLOR]
Starts at the very last row in the sheet & goes up until it finds a cell that is not empty. And then the part in blue offsets 1 row (ie moves down)

Thanks for that when the column is completely empty this seems to be the case as everything copy pastes in the A2:A11 range, but as soon as I type something in, say, cell A3 for example ABC, the macro will copy paste the figures not in the A5:A14 range but A4:A13 range i.e. there will be no empty cell in between?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylsteve

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back