VBA Code for Summing Multiple Dynamic Ranges in One Column

FrenchCelt

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with a column which lists the total of daily output in various categories (each one in a different row) for multiple people, and I want to be able to sum that output in a row at the bottom of each person's summary. I have a Total row inserted between the bottom row for one person and the top row of the next person, and I have the VBA code looking for the cell with Total in the appropriate row and offsetting to the correct cell where I want the sum to appear, but I don't know how to get it to sum the numbers above that only include the person in question. The number of rows involved is different for each person and will also vary for the same person day to day, so I can't use any constants. The only other way to identify which numbers should be included is that the person's name appears in Column A in every cell I need to sum in Column I, so if I can get it to look first at the row with Total, offset 7 cells to Column I, then look up every row with, say, userA in Column A that has a corresponding value in Column I, and sum them up, then I would be set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolasmith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back