1. Windows
Hi Guys,

I have 5 worksheets named as per below:
Brecon
Chepstow
Chippenham
Bath two
Merthry one

In each worksheet there is a column called 'Name'. I essentially want to filter by each name in that column and copy them all to one worksheet. For example, filter by Bethan in all of the 5 worksheets and copy all the data from column A to N to the worksheet called 'Bethan'.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
In which column are the names? Do the 'name' sheets already exist or do they have to be created?

Upvote 0
In which column are the names? Do the 'name' sheets already exist or do they have to be created?

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. The names are in column J and the sheets are already created.

Upvote 0
Try:
Code:
Sub CopyRange()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long, ws As Worksheet, name As Range, item As Variant, RngList As Object
    Set RngList = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
    For Each ws In Sheets(Array("Brecon", "Chepstow", "Chippenham", "Bath two", "Merthry one"))
        LastRow = ws.Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
        For Each name In ws.Range("J2:J" & LastRow)
            If Not RngList.exists(name.Value) Then
                RngList.Add name.Value, Nothing
            End If
        Next name
        For Each item In RngList
            ws.Range("J1:J" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=item
            ws.Range("A2:N" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets(item).Cells(Sheets(item).Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
            ws.Range("J1").AutoFilter
        Next item
        RngList.RemoveAll
    Next ws
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
The macro assumes you have headers in row 1 of each of the 5 sheets and your data starts in row 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for that. Im getting an error on the following line. It copys Brecon fine but stops after that

ws.Range("A2:N" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets(item).Cells(Sheets(item).Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Upvote 0
When I tried the macro on a dummy workbook it worked properly. What is the error message when you click 'Debug'?

Upvote 0
Apologies I'm an idiot (user error) all is working fine. Thanks very much for your help

Upvote 0
Re: VBA Copy from multiple sheets - New error

Sorry to come back to this. I've made a few changes to the worksheet where the Name is now in column N rather than column J. I thought changing the code to the below would do the trick but i'm getting a Runtime error 1004 no cells were found.

Code:
Sub CopyRange()    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long, ws As Worksheet, name As Range, item As Variant, RngList As Object
    Set RngList = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
    For Each ws In Sheets(Array("Brecon", "Chepstow"))
        LastRow = ws.Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
        For Each name In ws.Range("N2:N" & LastRow)
            If Not RngList.exists(name.Value) Then
                RngList.Add name.Value, Nothing
            End If
        Next name
        For Each item In RngList
            ws.Range("N1:N" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=item
            ws.Range("N1").AutoFilter
        Next item
        RngList.RemoveAll
    Next ws
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0

Actually just looking at this, what i probably should have said is the data in sheets Chepstow and Brecon are querys from SQL so are essentially tables. If I copy the data from these sheets and paste as values everything works ok. Is there a way to get this to work based on the linked tables. The table names are the same ie, Chepstow and Brecon. Thanks

Upvote 0

I think that it would be easier to help and test possible solutions if I could work with your actual file which includes any macros you are currently using. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajbooisen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back