VBA to extract data from several data files - Bank Deposit Analysis

millerfam916

I prepare a weekly deposit analysis for 80 locations and we are growing rapidly. I pull POS data from 2 sources and bank data from 18 bank accounts.

1. Deposit Analysis Workbook: This workbook has a tab for each location where all the data is consolidated
2. QOS POS data file: csv file that holds most POS data ( Date, Location, Credit Amount, cash amount) totals by day.
3. ICS POS data File: excel file with POS data for 3 new acquisitions (We are converting in 1 year)
4. Bank data: Excel workbook built to use as a bank import file. This workbook has all the deposit information we need and a column that determines the store that the transaction is related to. 18 different bank files.

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
Is anyone willing to look at these files and help me build a macro or VBA to pull in the data automatically? I need to pull in lists of activity and insert in to a range of cells in my deposit analysis workbook. Then I take the data and align deposits manually with POS activity to determine over/short and/or missing deposits.

If you are interested, let me know what you need and I will provide. This would save me at least 8-10 hours per week of managing our deposit activity.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Re: Need VBA to extract data from several data files - Bank Deposit Analysis

Hi MillerFam,
I can surely help. Please supply some sample data
see my signature, I love to help and build some bits, but believe in "teach a man to fish".
Cheers,
Koen

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Re: Need VBA to extract data from several data files - Bank Deposit Analysis

@Rijnsent
I have edited your post, all communication should be kept on the board where all members can see it. Please see Rule#4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back