VBA to note time at start and shut down

abhirupganguli123

Board Regular
Hello,

I want to have a macro that notes time of login and shut down in computer in excel sheet automatically without opening it. I have a common share drive for my team where I will place this macro enabled excel file. The excel file should record time for all the persons have access to that shared path whenever they start computer and/or shut down. The excel file will automatically create new sheets with the machine user id whenever a new person logs in, and will continue updating that sheet every day when ever he logs in and logs out again. There may be multiple logins and log outs in one day, each of them should be reported column wise from left to right - like, column B & C = 1st Login & 1st Logout, Column D & E = 2nd Login & 2nd Logout, and so on. Column A should record the dates row wise. First row will be header row.

Could anyone help me with such a macro please ?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

The above link only says about who logged into my computer. But I want to track my team members when the logged in and logged out during a day from their individual computer. As we commonly use a Common/Share drive folder, so the only way I believe is to place a macro enabled file their to note login and logout time automatically whenever a person having access to that share path logs in to his computer.

Any help pls ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukaderanged

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back