Vertical Line On Chart

goss

Hi all,

Using Excel 2016.

I have 2 series Clusters Columns
I added an XY Scatter with Lines on Combo Chart on secondary Y and Secondary X Axis

Not bad, but the vertical line is plotted over a column. Is there any way to get the vertical line to plot immediately to the right of of the column?

The horizontal axis are both dates such as 1/8/2018. on the data for the vertical line I tried updating as 1/8/2018 06:00am, but that did not have much of an impact. The line is still plotting in front of the column.

thx,
-goss

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Thanks NdNoviceHlp,

I found a tutorial on Jon's site and worked through it as closely as I could (version differences to Excel 2016?)
I couldn't quite get it to work following the tutorial, so I took these steps
1.) I kept the original 2 points following the tutorial to create the XY Scatter with Line
2.) I added all the other dates from the original dataset to the XY Scatter dataset
3.) For the addtitional dates in the XY Scatter dataset, I set the value as =NA() so nothing would plot
4.) I expanded the Series Values for the XY Scatter to pickup all dates and all values
5.) I added a secondary horizontal axis so the XY Scatter now has a separate X and separate Y Axis from Series 1.

The XY Scatter with Line now appears in the correct position on the Combo Chart, since the date used for 0,1 values for the XY Scatter is 11/82002 - 0.5

Thx,
-goss

Upvote 0
That's a fairly creative fix. Glad U got it resolved. Thanks for posting your outcome for others to benefit. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back