Vlookup in workbook with 3 sheets and return corresponding cell data

satish78

Board Regular
Hi Friends,

I have workbook(masterdomainlist.xlsx) with 3 sheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) with huge list of company names with location and domains.

Sheet1 contains
ColumnA (company name) ZzzipNet LLC
ColumnB (Location) CA
ColumnC (website domain) zzzip.net

same in sheet2 and sheet3

Here is the formula currently using in sheet4 to vlookup all 3 sheets in workbook(masterdomainlist)

{=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet3!A:B,2,FALSE),"NA")))}

So, when I tried to open Masterdomainlist workbook it is taking lot of time to open with huge list and sometimes automatically excel shutdowns

I want to Vlookup in another workbook without opening Masterdomainlist workbook(includes 3 sheets data).

Help me with a formula

Thanks
Satish

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Copy the formula in Notepad and then paste it into another excel. In new excel, Go to Edit Links in Data menu and click on change source. Then select the file .
Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Mention the Data range with Absolute criteria for for mentioned Sheets instead of just columns reference, like Sheet1!$A$2:$B$500

Upvote 0
I have workbook(masterdomainlist.xlsx) with 3 sheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) with huge list of company names with location and domains.

Sheet1 contains
ColumnA (company name) ZzzipNet LLC
ColumnB (Location) CA
ColumnC (website domain) zzzip.net

same in sheet2 and sheet3

Here is the formula currently using in sheet4 to vlookup all 3 sheets in workbook(masterdomainlist)

{=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet3!A:B,2,FALSE),"NA")))}

1. I see no reason for that to be entered as an ARRAY formula (CTRL SHIFT ERTER), just enter in the normal way
2. Avoid using full-column references, just use the range you need
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$1000,2,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$1000,2,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet3!$A$1:$B$1000,2,FALSE),"NA")))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Slatter

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back