Vlookup Indirect Match function error

ct00010

Hi all,

I am in a major pickle at the moment :eek: Help!

I would like the formula to find the pricing across multiple tabs and the problem is the pricing column.

The pricing column is situated on a different column letter and row number on each tab:

Please see the link below for the simulated excel example error

https://filebin.net/6dcx70tz51r8uojc

=VLOOKUP(C$3&"*",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),MATCH("Price",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),0),0)

The formula uses indirect vlookup and match functions, but doesnt seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a solution to this formula please?

Thank you in advance

CT

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Gerald Higgins

Hi, I don't want to follow your link.
But in what way exactly does your formula not work ?
Have you tried Excel's build in Formula, Evaluate function to step through the formula, and identify the specific point where it seems to be going wrong ?

ct00010

Hi Gerald,

thanks for the post response.

The return values are #REF but if yyou look through the tabs, there is a value there, So I dont understand why its returning #REF even though I can see the value with an extended table range.

Thanks in advance,

CT

Gerald Higgins

OK well like I say, I'm personally not going to follow your link, but others on this board may be happy to do so.
Have you tried Excel's built in Formula, Evaluate function to check at which step your formula is returning unexpected results ?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SternHammer

This Week's Hot Topics