Vlookup not working with table

melodramatic

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Somewhere, I've got an error - and I cannot for the life of me figure out where.

I'm trying to create a daily calendar sheet. Pick the day, and I have a simple sheet lining up all of the day's meetings to put atop a reference material for each one.

To begin with, Table 1 has the detail for each meeting, as follows (I hope this shows up...)

fc8f40_0f8c34e611cd41c6a0cbea29168f6bce~mv2.jpg

The code is a simple code of date + the number of times (within that date) that are before the current time. This will help later on when I have a standard set-up, but if there is no code to match (ie, there is no 43216.05), conditional formatting will make sure that nothing shows there.

On a separate sheet, I have a daily list that uses vlookup to finalize the list for that day only...

fc8f40_3138159d5ebb4a019a9f641679631e46~mv2.jpg

The problem I'm having is that, while the first two entries are working fine, after that it bombs out. I've triple, quadruple checked - and I cannot figure out the problem.

On the daily list, for each entry, I have an "Exists" column I've added that shows how many times that code appears - and yes, for the first 5 entries, it does show that code exists. I use that code to steer the vlookup to the correct row for the data pull.

Going down to 43216.02, where the vlookup fails, I've posted the coding again to the right, and made sure that the original row for the comparison code is correct - and it is.

Since it's hard to see (I've got to learn how to post in tables better), the coding is for the top line of each section:
Code:
VLOOKUP($A15,Table1,5,FALSE)
. And as I look, I probably need to change "floor" to "room" in the next section.

I'm going nuts on this - and I know it's going to be something simple somewhere that I simply botched.

Help?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
OK, I found my error. Even though the 43216.02 shows that there is a match, when I manually changed that code, everything corrected itself.

THanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back