VLookup on 3 Columns Formulae

midfieldgeneral11

Good Morning Thanks for Reading

I have two spreadsheets one called Switch Info and the other Database Master, I am looking from the Database Manager to the Switch Info

Both Have three columns called Login (Column A), Device (Column B) and Numbers (Column C)

First Formulae

I need a lookup to be placed in Database Manager in Column D which takes column A, B and C and looks up on the Switch info for column A, B and C.

Where they match is to say MATCH in Column D

Second Formuale

I would like also a further formula like above but for this time to bring back details in Column C from the Switch Info

I have lots of these spreadsheets and would like your help on the formula to get cracking with this exercise.

Hope that make sense.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
1." I have two spreadsheets one called Switch Info and the other Database Master, I am looking from the Database Manager to the Switch Info

So what's it really called, Databse Master or Database Manager?

2. "I would like also a further formula like above but for this time to bring back details in Column C from the Switch Info"

But you know what's in column C already, it's part of the value you're using to lookup, ie it's the value in column C of Database Manager.
You've said it here

"I need a lookup to be placed in Database Manager in Column D which takes column A, B and C and looks up on the Switch info for column A, B and C."

Upvote 0
Thanks for your question.

1." I have two spreadsheets one called Switch Info and the other Database Master, I am looking from the Database Manager to the Switch Info

So what's it really called, Database Master or Database Manager?
That was a spelling mistake. Corrected.

2. "I would like also a further formula like above but for this time to bring back details in Column C from the Switch Info"

But you know what's in column C already, it's part of the value you're using to lookup, ie it's the value in column C of Database Manager.
You've said it here

Yes you are right but I need the data brought back as I then need to review any differences and make a decision on which one is correct. They should be all a match. This is an Audit exercise.

"I need a lookup to be placed in Database Manager in Column D which takes column A, B and C and looks up on the Switch info for column A, B and C."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back