DrowningInQuicksand

Hello,

I have a working VLOOKUP formula for generating a one page inventory list.
It grabs values from worksheets in other spreadsheets.
The only problem is it doesn't automatically update.
Please, someone help me!

Thanks in advance,

Drowning in Quicksand

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hello JTWood,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Actually, it is set to automatic. I'm wondering if I have to open & close one or more sheets after adjusting values on sheet where adjustments are made?

Upvote 0
Good morning JTWood,

Currently, we record inventory in/out quantities on Excel spreadsheets.
When dealing with products that are available in various sizes, shapes & colors, multiple worksheets per spreadsheet are required. A perfect example of a multi-sku'd product is the Microfiber Lens Cloth. This item is available in 18 colors per size, for each of the three available: sizes, small, medium & large. I included only those worksheets relating to 3 of the 18 cloth colors, & for only the small variety of cloth.</SPAN>

The goal of this project is to create a worksheet listing all our products, equipped with automatically updatable VLOOKUP values that represent all net differences since the last lookup. The values are derived from the bottom-most value appearing under the column named Balance, on the appropriate inventory worksheet. Each worksheet contains several columns of data. The column named Balance is the only relevant column on each inventory worksheet (in the spreadsheet named 4x7_Copy) for this assignment.
</SPAN>
As you can see from C5 on the spreadsheet named Inventory_Copy, the code has been created & works properly. However, I don't know how to update the code automatically. Having the values update automatically would save me a considerable amount of work on a regular basis.

Thank you</SPAN>

Upvote 0
Please see Dropbox links I neglected to include in previous post:

The column named Balance is the only relevant column on each inventory worksheet (located at https://www.dropbox.com/Cloth4x7_Copy.xls</SPAN>) for this assignment.
</SPAN>
As you can see from C5 on the following spreadsheet: https://www.dropbox.com/Inventory_Copy.xls</SPAN>, the code has been created & works properly. However, I don't know how to update the code automatically. Having the values update automatically would save me a considerable amount of work on a regular basis.

Thank you</SPAN>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrob72684

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back