vLookup

83rob83

At work I have two files, one is an invoice (commissaryinvoice.xlsm) that about 10 co-workers use and the second is a file (icash.xlsx) that I pull daily from a separate program that has account numbers in column A , names in column B and account balances in column H. I use vLookup to pull the names and account balances when their account number is entered into the invoice. Both files are stored on a network drive (J:) and everyone is instructed to copy and paste a fresh commissaryinvoice.xlsm each morning to their desktop because I frequently make changes to it that reflect out of stock merchandise. On the master copy that is located on the network drive the vlookup formula is

=iferror(vlookup(K2,'J:\Commissary\[icash.xlsx]sheet1'!A1:H2000,2,0),"")

however when the file is copied to the desktop, the formula changes to

=iferror(vlookup(K2,'C:\users\name\desktop\[icash.xlsx]sheet1'!A1:H2000,2,0),"")

it still pulls the data from the icash file but it seems to be older data and if I change the icash file, its not reflected on the invoice. For instance, if I change an account balance from $80.00 to $60.00 in icash.xlsx , the invoice will contuine to show $80.00.

My question is, how do I stop it from changing the path and how can I make it refresh immediately so if I make a change to icash, its instantly reflected on the invoice.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back