What formula should I use?

Mitchell5656

I'm working on a homework assignment for my excel class, and I'm stuck on a certain question. I'm not sure what the correct approach would be to solving this problem.
"Enter a function in cell M5 to calculate the total number of membership fees paid by members over the age of 25." The range of the data for age is C4:C53 and for total is is D4:D53. What is the correct formula to use to get this solved?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I'm working on a homework assignment for my excel class, and I'm stuck on a certain question. I'm not sure what the correct approach would be to solving this problem.
"Enter a function in cell M5 to calculate the total number of membership fees paid by members over the age of 25." The range of the data for age is C4:C53 and for total is is D4:D53. What is the correct formula to use to get this solved?

To re-state your question...
You want to "total number of membership fees", i.e. add, ie. Sum; but only If "members over the age of 25."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back