why would a 64bit windows still trip over this code(when all the code that wasn't compliant has been removed?)

kbishop94

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Its really frustrating.

I originally had 'DTPicker' in my workbook that is used to enter and track incidents for my company. But, there are a handful of machines that are 64bit, and I couldnt find any compliant date picker modules that would work... so I finally gave up and just have a simple textbox for entering the date. (so i just went back to the way it was before when it worked before I started using DTPicker (wouldnt work with 64bit), and then later when I tried using some date picker modules/code (which was supposed to be 64bit compliant but I never could get any of them to work) that is floating around on the internet... well wouldnt you know it... the same 64bit machines that had a problem with the code before STILL has a problem with it now too even after I remove the offending code. What I am missing??

After I open a userform and then click on my commandbutton to copy the data to the worksheet it gives me this error ("TRIM" function):
w2p184.jpg

Then, after removing THAT offending code (note where I changed the previously 'bad' trim code to green) it just moves down to the very next piece of code and says it doesnt like that one now... and then I can do the same thing to it, and then it just moves down to the next line of code, and so on...
fcqnth.jpg

What gives? Is my workbook possessed by satan? Because before adding any of the DTPicker stuff this same code ran just fine. Now it doesn't. :confused:

Please and Thank you for any help so I can fix this devilish code once and for all.
icon6.png

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Have a look under Tools>Reference...

If there is anything marked as MISSING note its name and uncheck it, close and save the workbook, re-open and try again.

Upvote 0
Try replacing Trim with Strings.Trim

Have a look under Tools>Reference...

If there is anything marked as MISSING note its name and uncheck it, close and save the workbook, re-open and try again.

Thank you. Both suggestions worked
icon14.png
ultimately though unchecking the reference box was obviously the better solution as there were still TONS of commands in the code that would of continued to trip it up without adding the " Strings. " to all of them...

Also... I CANNOT BELIEVE I never thought of checking for missing references...:oops: Its not like I didnt know about that... I have to do it ALL THE TIME whenever I send myself something from work thats in excel and I try to open it at home. I have to do that all the freaking time, yet I never thought of doing it here(!) Oh boy... thank god its friday y'all. :p:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back