wild window appears

MarieBocc

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem I never had so far while using vba : a specific lign of code bloc the programm and make a window appear but it is supposedly not supposed to do so. The window isn't an Excel control or anything, just a normal file directory's window asking me to select a file in order to "update values". I have no idea of what this is supposed to mean and I really don't think I am supposed to get this because the ligns in question are as follows :

Code:
[FONT=Verdana]Cells(myRow, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR((RC[5]<>""""),(RC[3]<>""""),(RC[2]<>"""")),LOOKUP(""zzz"",R9C[1]:RC[1]),"""")"
[/FONT]
which only purpose is to set the formula in the cell (17 for instance) as "=IF(OR((H17<>"");(F17<>"");(E17<>""));SEARCH("zzz";B$9:$B17);"")
but certainly not to cause the other window to appear !

Does anyone has ever encountered this problem or has any idea ?

Thank you for reading,

Marie

Last edited:

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
As your formula is going into column A it's
=IF(OR((F17<>""),(D17<>""),(C17<>"")),LOOKUP("zzz",B$9:B17),"")
So are you looking at the wrong cells?
If you are being asked to "Update values" it sounds like you have links to another workbook.

MarieBocc

Turned out I had lost connexion with the company's servers and the computer couldn't find the path to the Excel file I was working on. The macro could still run without sending any error message so I hadn't realized.

Thank you for taking some of your time to give me an answer !

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Glad you sorted it out & thanks for the feedback

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smarty1995

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...