XL07 Referencing table coloumn values in sumif statements

steff.sullivan

Hi- I was hoping somebody would be able to help me with a problem I'm having.

I want to reference a table of events that lists the dates,the event type and benefits.

Currently I have a working sumif that uses dates to retrieve values from a benefit column within a table, however, I need to add an extra criteria that says "reference if the event type is of a certain type" as well as the existing "reference if the dates are the same".

My main issue is how to go about setting criteria on a table column. I can add and AND() function to the criteria section of the SUMIF() but within that I've got a cell reference (for the date) and I'm looking to do something like:
Calendar[Improvement Type]="Natural Search Ranking" only I can't get it to do the referencing- does anybody know how to reference tables within criteria on cell contents?

I'm looking to put it into:
{=C12+SUMIF(Calendar[Date of implementation],and(D5,_________),Calendar[CTR Benefit])}

Thanks in advance,
Steff

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
The AND function won't work. You need to use the SUMIFS function which allows multiple criteria which you enter the same way you had your original criteria. Instead of your SUMIF syntax:
=SUMIF(criteria_range, criteria, sum_range)
you use:
=SUMIFS(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, criteria_range2, criteria2)

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help with this- I've tried doing the sumifs:
=C12+SUMIFS(Calendar[Cost p.m.],Calendar[Date of implementation],D5,Calendar[Improvement Type],"Natural Search Ranking")
=C12+SUMIFS(Calendar[Cost p.m.],Calendar[Date of implementation],D3,Calendar[Improvement Type],'Calendar'!$C$10)

but it still isn't returning values or returning the value corresponding to calendar!c10
How should I be referencing this as I can't seem to get it to work

Thanks again for your help!

Steff

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help

By deleting the row and starting it again with the conditions in a different order it decided to work.

:)

Upvote 0
If you try each of the conditions individually, do you get values back for both?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omer Lutfu Neziroglu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back