Is it possible to email data into a spreadsheet

MrTeeny

Board Regular
I'm able to have the sheet email data to me but is it possible to have an email enter data via outlook.

For example could I set excel to search the received mail and read headings. My sheet is continuously being updated so worksheet event can trigger any searches if it's possible

Thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I did a NET search for "vba copy email body into worksheet" and turned up alot of websites with instructions, sample code, etc.
These sites have resources for copying the email body (presumed to be a table ?) and paste that into a worksheet.

On another note :

If the email has a sheet attached to it, you can always download the attachment to a designated folder, then use a macro to copy the contents of the specific worksheet
to the workbook you desire. Sort of taking a few extra steps to accomplish the same thing as the websites above are instructing.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I found outlook has it's own VBA editor so should be able to kick off a script when an email arrives with the correct subject title.

Only thing I'm stuck with now is how to have that script just add to an open workbook, found lots of scripts for creating workbooks but nothing for how to access an already open workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back