Some assistance - 1 workboot, multiple sheets

Mikec1012

Hello all. This will be hard to put an example and I apologize.

I have a lot of data on a sheet for November (months worth) for employees based off 7 rows. I then have an error sheet where I have the errors listed for all employees.

What I am looking to do...

I have a sheet called Employee Stats... Here I want to have two variables: Date & Employee name. Based off this criteria, it will look on the NOV RESULTS page, get their stats. Then below, it will look at the ERRORS FOUND page, and show errors pertaining to just that employee.

Is this possible?

I am not sure how to provide an example of this. All of my sheets do have dates on the whole column as well as the employee names. So I know that I can use IF based off two qualifiying criteria; however, how do I display that text or rows of text?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I don't see if you want a macro so let's look at a formula-based solution.

You want a sheet called Employee Stats. It will have two variables, Date and Employee name. You want it to look on the Nov Results sheet and get the Employee's stats. I assume these are daily stats. The bellow it will look at the Errors Found sheet and show errors (again, daily?) for that employee.

You don't say how many columns, but it seems to be this could be handled by some VLOOKUPs.

First of all, create a new cell that concatenates the date and the Employee into one unique identifier.

Have this unique identifier as the first column in the Employee Stats, Nov Results and Errors Found sheets.

Then build the VLOOKUPs you need to get the data.

(I would then copy all those VLOOKUPs and paste over them with the values, but that's just me.)

---art

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back