Excel save as PDF values different from spreadsheet

Ben_goldfinch

Im not sure if this is an issue or if my colleague is somehow stuffing up, but he has saved an excel doc as a PDF which has a bunch of formulas and later when i look at the pdf one of the totals on the pdf does not match the spreadsheet, they were both saved within seconds of each other. I am finding it hard to believe him that it must be excel having a delay in calculating the total. Is it possible that excel is delayed in the running the formula and would pdf a different figure to what the formula actually equals.

I Hope that makes sense

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Can you recreate the issue on your system using the same workbook ?

Have you created a small simulation workbook with the same processes and attempted to recreate the issue ?

What were the results ?

If you cannot recreate the issue, can you post the offending workbook, absent confidential information, to a download site (DropBox, Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud, etc.) for review ?

Upvote 0
ive just opened it on someone elses computer and it had the incorrect figure, but when I clicked enable content the formulas updated to the correct value. Which still has me confused cause you cant save as pdf without first enabling content.

Upvote 0
Downloaded and reviewed the workbook.

It opened without incident here.

No notifications to "enable content".

Amounts on the COVER SHEET here match the amounts shown in DROPBOX prior to download.

Are the amounts shown on DROPBOX what the amounts should be ? If so .. perhaps you should make a copy of the workbook in order to perform some attempts
at cleaning it up.

This small utility has helped me alot with some of my projects : https://excelfilecleaner.codeplex.com/releases/view/85025

Here are some others steps I have taken in the past, perhaps something here will assist you :

RESTORE CORRUPT FILE

I would try these steps, in the order presented. Each has been used here many times. Sometimes they work,
sometimes they don't.

NOTE: ALWAYS USE THESE STEPS ON A COPY OF YOUR WORKBOOK, NOT THE ORIGINAL. If something
goes wrong you haven't lost the original.

In the VBE, select DEBUG from the menu bar, COMPILE VBA PROJECT.

My favorite first attempt is to use this free program. It's safe, I've used it many times when downloaded straight from the author :

https://excelfilecleaner.codeplex.co...ses/view/85025
================================================== ===============================

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...A-801DDCD4EA53
================================================== ===============================

If you're having a problem with an Excel file, save it as HTML (which is one of the file types in Excel), then save it back to .xls

They say that will often recover lost information, or restore a corrupt file.

Another way of restoring broken/corrupted Excel files

I've been quite lucky actually opening corrupted files in OpenOffice, saving them, and then re-opening them in Excel. Sometimes the formatting will be a little off, but the data is almost always recovered, as well as most of the formatting. Unfortunately, not all of the formula and charts are, but when it happened I was happy anything was salvaged at all. ================================================== ================================

http://directory.s2services.com/excel.htm
================================================== ================================

Trust something here will work for you.

Upvote 0
thanks for trying, i dont have the issue on my computer only on my colleagues so there may be something corrupt on their systems

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back