Space for Macro Buttons

Colmans

Board Regular
Hi

I have a worksheet with a data I need to manage. Row 1 contains the data headings which is filtered.

I have created a couple of Macros which I want to use in the worksheet and need to create some space at the top of the workskeet for them to sit, along with some other text in a text box. I have a work round by inserting a new row 1 and merging all the cells and putting my macros and text box here. However, as one of my macros hides some columns, the buttons move around when the worksheet layout changes.

Is there something I can do to either stop this, or is there an alternative option to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I assume that the buttons are shapes that you inserted. If so, right click the shape. Then click 'Format Shape' ..... 'Properties' ....... 'Don't move or size with cells' ..... 'Close'

Upvote 0
right click on the button and set the option / properties

you could also make row 1 slightly bigger, and align the headings across the bottom

Upvote 0
I assume that the buttons are shapes that you inserted. If so, right click the shape. Then click 'Format Shape' ..... 'Properties' ....... 'Don't move or size with cells' ..... 'Close'

I have used Active X tick boxes for the layout options. I can only access the properties via the developer, and the options stated above do not show

Upvote 0
Ok - I found it - it's in Properties within the "Format Control" option

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back