Button (Form control)

lezawang

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I inserted Buttons to run some macros. I wonder, can I change the color of these buttons? Like red, green etc. I can only change the text (label) but no option to change the color itself. Thank you so much.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Go to properties of the button and change the "BackColor" property. Click the palette tab on to get more color options.

Upvote 0
How to go to properties? Right click did not give me that choice. Right click-->Format Control then there is a tab to change font color not the button. Thank you.

Upvote 0
A forms button's color can't be changed (in XL13 version at least). BUT, you can Insert Tab-Insert Shape-whatever shape you want, and they can be changed to almost anything you want, and you can assign a macro to the shape.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I mistook "Form Control" for user form. I don't think you can change the color of a form control button directly on a worksheet. You can insert an object instead of the form control button and assign a macro to the object. Go to the insert tab->Shapes and insert a rectangle or other shape of your choice.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back