Display Date If...

Disarmonious

Board Regular
Hello, what formula would I use to have cell H1 display the date in which an employee was the most productive for the month. I have a "Date" column (A1) that the user will enter the current date below per day. There are 3 other "catagorized" columns (cells B1, C1, D1) that will keep track of how many assignments have been completed per day for the month. Column E displays the total amount of assignments completed for the current date for the month. I want cell H1 to ONLY display the most productive date for the entire month.

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col span="8"></colgroup>

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Code:
=INDEX($A:$A,MATCH(MAX($E:$E),$E:$E,0))

Written by hand and untested :-O

WBD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,

You'll have to be patient with me as I try to get this to work. Is this a VB code, where I select "Visual Basic" and then copy and paste this? I tried doing this, just in case, and nothing happened. I then copied and pasted this into the cell's formula bar, and got an error "#N/A". Since I want the date to appear in H1, I don't see where the coding that you sent "tells" cell H1 to display the date? Is there a simpler formula I could type in cell H1? Keep in mind that the user is entering a "short date" every day. For example: User types 4/16/18 for today's date, and he finished with 112 assignments, but on the day before (4/15/18), he finished with 127 assignments. I would like the date "4/15/18" to appear in H1. Again, if your suggestion works, I'm sorry for the reiteration, but I didn't get the result I was looking for...

Code:
=INDEX($A:$A,MATCH(MAX($E:$E),$E:$E,0))

Written by hand and untested :-O

WBD

Upvote 0
Hmmm. It shouldn't give #N/A:

Book1
ABCDEFGH
101/01/2018161802/01/2018
202/01/201825613
303/01/20183429
404/01/201843512
505/01/201852310
606/01/201861411
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H1=INDEX($A:$A,MATCH(MAX($E:$E),$E:$E,0))

WBD

Upvote 0
Hey, thank you for your suggestion. It's working out for me. The problem I was having is that I had merged cells for all of my columns, so I tweaked this particular sheet to single cell columns. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back