Pulling Data from a progrma

jackkim1997

Hi, this is my first time here!

Currently my excel sheet has numbers that are static and I have to go on this program that holds data and look up each person and manually type in the values associated with each person on the excel sheet. Since those values change every day, I am looking for a way to automate it so when i click refresh all -- lets say in two weeks -- the values for each person is updated according to what it says on the program (installed in my computer)

How would I go about doing that? I was told that I need to write my own macro using VBA but I do not really know where to start or how to even go about this. I don't even know what type of database of source my data is. It's just a in-house program installed on the desktop where if you type in a person there are a couple numbers unique to that person.

Please help! Thank you so much.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
If it is a 3rd-party application (i.e. Not Microsoft Office) there is probably no way to do this without extensive VBA knowledge.

I've done something like this so it isn't impossible, but it took me weeks to create and isn't something that is likely to be accomplished over a forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back