Pivot table can’t add lines after a duplication of one entry four hundred times

Poohandbink

New to this. Document was not created by me. Document has tabs at the bottom tab 1 is the master spreadsheet and it pulls data from tab 2. Tab 2 gets its data from a Sharepoint site. Doing Cnrtl-Alt-F5 usually updates Tab 1 and tab 2. Tab 2 is updating, but tab 1 is not. There are formulas and references in tab 1 to the data in tab 2. One entry in tab 2 duplicated into tab 1 400 times no other entries can be added. The last entry is now in bold.

1). How do I remove the 400 entries because this document has a reference number to the data line entry from tab 2? Currently, it showing nu
ber 1481 as an entry 400 times.
2). Why can’t I add any more lines and how do I fix this
3) how do I copy the cells in tab 1 with all the references from tab2 and formulas creating more rows in tab 1 so I can continue to take entries for the year?

I apologize again for my explanation. The individual who created the doc left for vacation for 10 days and I’m stuck

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I was able to go to a backup and have some of my data back. Now, I need to know how to create more lines for entry. There are 10 more rows of data that are not showing up that are on tab 2, not feeding into tab1. I am not showing any more lines for entry in tab 1. I think once I can get more rows in tab 1, the information from tab 2 will propagate into those rows.
the rows in tab 1 do have formulas and references to tab 2. I tried copy/ past special/ formulas- doesn’t work.
thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back