Text to number

mtapp

Office Version
  1. 2016
I have this formula which returns the correct data (in text format), but I need it in a number format and can't figure out how to convert from text to formula

=if(and({Category}="Convention/Tradeshow (CT)",{Out Date}>10/1/18),{Attendance Formula for Reporting}*2814,if(and({Category}="Convention Without Exhibits (CW)",{Out Date}>10/01/18),{Attendance Formula for Reporting}*2814, if(and({Category}="Conference (CF)",{Out Date}>10/1/18),{Attendance Formula for Reporting}*2814, if(and({Category}="Convention/Tradeshow - Hybrid (CH)",{Out Date}>10/1/18),({Attendance Formula for Reporting}/2*2814)))))

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Try,

=if(and({Category}="Convention/Tradeshow (CT)",{Out Date}>10/1/18),{Attendance Formula for Reporting}*2814,if(and({Category}="Convention Without Exhibits (CW)",{Out Date}>10/01/18),{Attendance Formula for Reporting}*2814, if(and({Category}="Conference (CF)",{Out Date}>10/1/18),{Attendance Formula for Reporting}*2814, if(and({Category}="Convention/Tradeshow - Hybrid (CH)",{Out Date}>10/1/18),({Attendance Formula for Reporting}/2*2814)))))+0

Upvote 0
What value does that formula return?

Upvote 0
It is returning the correct number but in a text format.
7000000 instead of 7,000,000.00
7280000 instead of 7,280,000.00

Upvote 0
One thing I just found is that if I remove the date parameter the result is a numeric value

Upvote 0
The date parameters in the formula aren't correct.

Something like 10/1/18 is regarded as 10 divided by 1 divided by 18, i.e. not a date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back