Gross Pay and Tax. Figuring out how much time was taxed.

acewestfall

I am in the middle of creating a financial worksheet for myself and my coworkers. I am having trouble figuring how much time we worked for free due to taxes. I have my tax rates calculated. I have my gross rates calculated.

For example:

I work 10 Hours, My pay is $50. So my gross rate is $5/hr. $10 is taken from taxes. So I would have to work 1 Hour.

Like I said I have my Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Gross Pay/Taxes calculated. Total and Rates. I just don't understand the logic of Currency to Time conversions.

In theory - Gross Pay Rate * X = Tax's taken OR Tax Taken/Gross Pay.
I've done this, and when I convert the cell to "Time" ([h]:mm) I get values that are not accurate.

Please explain the logic to solve this problem.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Another problem I am having is trying to find the Average Value of something in 2 seperate ranges.

I have a Weekly log containing data from my paycheck. If value are empty, the cells that contain the calculations display "-", to look more presentable.
My problem is, I have the log separated into Years. 2018, and 2019. So I have fancy Titles/Borders/etc separating the years, and I can't use just one "AverageIF" formula because I do not want the value of certain rows calculated (i.e. Training Week and "YTD" rows).

I also need it only to count entries that contain values I have logged and not empty/future weeks.

Upvote 0
Another problem I am having is trying to find the Average Value of something in 2 seperate ranges.

I have a Weekly log containing data from my paycheck. If value are empty, the cells that contain the calculations display "-", to look more presentable.
My problem is, I have the log separated into Years. 2018, and 2019. So I have fancy Titles/Borders/etc separating the years, and I can't use just one "AverageIF" formula because I do not want the value of certain rows calculated (i.e. Training Week and "YTD" rows).

I also need it only to count entries that contain values I have logged and not empty/future weeks.

Solved this problem, by adding a "weeks worked" cell in both my 2018/2019 average tables.
Then I added the total values (not the average of 2018, and 2019) and divided by "weeks worked".

Not the intended solution of a 1 cell formula. But it works.

Upvote 0
I am in the middle of creating a financial worksheet for myself and my coworkers. I am having trouble figuring how much time we worked for free due to taxes. I have my tax rates calculated. I have my gross rates calculated.

For example:

I work 10 Hours, My pay is $50. So my gross rate is $5/hr. $10 is taken from taxes. So I would have to work 1 Hour.

Like I said I have my Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Gross Pay/Taxes calculated. Total and Rates. I just don't understand the logic of Currency to Time conversions.

In theory - Gross Pay Rate * X = Tax's taken OR Tax Taken/Gross Pay.
I've done this, and when I convert the cell to "Time" ([h]:mm) I get values that are not accurate.

Please explain the logic to solve this problem.

Solved this problem. All I have to do is divide each cell by 24. Lmao, so simple, yet it took me a few hours to figure it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back