VBA to Copy and Paste Rows if Condition is Met - New Rows Only

APoncharoensub

Hello,

I did a bit of searching through the forums and I found some solutions, but not quite exactly what I was looking for as each query seems to be unique to that person or the OP was not explaining their needs properly.

I am a complete novice when it comes to Macro and have only started using them today to complete a task my boss assigned me.

Basically, we would like to be able to have a row copied from sheet to another when a condition is met automatically. While I have seen actions that will copy all data from one sheet to another based on a condition, I have yet to find the right coding where it will only copy a brand new row that I just entered.

A YouTube tutorial was able to outline the following code with a command button:

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()a = Worksheets("Marketing - Data").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 2 To a

If Worksheets("Operations - Data").Cells(i, 1).Value = "American Express" Then

Worksheets("Marketing - Data").Rows(i).Copy
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
    b = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(b + 1, 1).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Worksheets("Marketing - Data").Activate

End If
Next

Application.CutCopyMode = False

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Marketing - Data").Cells(1, 1).Select
End Sub

To be more specific, I have a tab labeled "Operations - Data" where I input expenses, and I label each expense with a payment type (Column A) between American Express, Visa, Check, etc. Based on the payment type (condition of Column A in "Operations - Data" sheet), I would like for it to copy the new row I just entered into another tab, in this case, currently marked "Sheet1." As you can already tell, the code above copies all data labeled "American Express" in column A every time I click the Command button. But I would like for it to only copy the new row from "Operations - Data" to "Sheet1."

Apologies if this has already been answered and I just didn't understand what I was reading. If that is the case, can you please link me to the thread that has the answer?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Look at the macro code ... all of it. Somewhere below the words END SUB is some extraneous comment / s that shouldn't be there.

Without seeing your actual workbook it would be impossible for me to determine where these words are.

Upvote 0
In Module1, after sub GETSUM, remove the extra statement OPTION EXPLICIT.

Option Explicit should only be at the very top of the code sheet above any macros that might be included therein.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back