VBA and Macros: Microsoft Excel 2010
Designed for Excellers Who Want to Climb the VBA Learning Curve
We wrote this book as a training manual for people who wanted to join our Excel consulting team.
- Paperback: 656 Pages
- Publisher: QUE
- Print ISBN: 978-0-7897-4314-5
Using Microsoft Excel 2010 VBA scripting features, Excel users can save dozens - or even hundreds - of hours per year. But most Excel users have never written a VBA script: many haven't even used Excel's built-in Macro Recorder. VBA and Macros is the solution. One simple step at a time, two leading Excel VBA scripting experts teach all the techniques needed to automate virtually any Excel task and customize virtually any Excel report or business solution.
Bill Jelen ("MrExcel") and top Excel VBA consultant Tracy Syrstad begin with the absolute basics, including ranges, user-defined functions, looping, flow control, R1C1-style formulas, and event programming. Next, they cover all this, and much more: " Automating Excel 2010's brand-new features " Writing Excel 2010 code that works with older versions of Excel " Creating charts, PivotTables, and other data visualizations " Mining data with Excel's Advanced Filter " Reading from and writing to the Web " Using XML from within Excel " Using Microsoft Access as a back end to enhance multi-user access to data " Handling errors " Customizing the Excel 2010 Ribbon to run macros This book is part of the new MrExcel Library series, edited by Bill Jelen, world-renowned Excel expert and host of the enormously popular Excel help site, MrExcel.com.
- The fastest, best way to go beyond the Macro Recorder and move up the Excel VBA learning curve.
- Shows how to automate powerful new Excel 2010 features such as Sparklines.
- Includes crucial information on making Excel 2010 VBA code work with older versions.
- Co-authored by Excel legend and Microsoft MVP Bill Jelen ("MrExcel") as part of his new MrExcel's Library series.
About MrExcel Library
Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
- Dramatically increase your productivity—saving you 50 hours a year or more
- Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
- Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
- Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
- Chapter 1 - Unleash the Power of Excel with VBA
- Chapter 2 - This Sounds Like BASIC, So Why Doesn't It Look Familiar?
- Chapter 3 - Referring to Ranges
- Chapter 4 - User-Defined Functions
- Chapter 5 - Looping and Flow Control
- Chapter 6 - R1C1-Style Formulas
- Chapter 7 - What's New in Excel 2010 and What's Changed
- Chapter 8 - Create and Manipulate Names in VBA
- Chapter 9 - Event Programming
- Chapter 10 - Userforms[md]An Introduction
- Chapter 11 - Creating Charts
- Chapter 12 - Data Mining with Advanced Filter
- Chapter 13 - Using VBA to Create Pivot Tables
- Chapter 14 - Excel Power
- Chapter 15 - Data Visualizations and Conditional Formatting
- Chapter 16 - Reading from and Writing to the Web
- Chapter 17 - Sparklines
- Chapter 18 - Automating Word
- Chapter 19 - Arrays
- Chapter 20 - Text File Processing
- Chapter 21 - Using Access as a Back End to Enhance Multi-User Access to Data
- Chapter 22 - Creating Classes, Records, and Collections
- Chapter 23 - Advanced Userform Techniques
- Chapter 24 - Windows Application Programming Interface (API)
- Chapter 25 - Handling Errors
- Chapter 26 - Customizing the Ribbon to Run Macros
- Chapter 27 - Creating Add-Ins