VBA and Macros Microsoft Excel 2013
Save Time AND Supercharge Excel 2013 with VBA and Macros!
Use Excel 2013 VBA and Macros to automate virtually any routine task, and save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks. Then, learn how to make Excel do things you thought were simply impossible! You’ll discover macro techniques you won’t find anywhere else and learn how to create automated reports that are amazingly powerful and useful.
Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad show how to instantly visualize information, so you and your colleagues can understand and act on it…how to capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere…how to automate Excel 2013’s most valuable new features. Mastering advanced Excel macros has never been easier.
- Get started fast with Excel 2013 macro development
- Write macros that use Excel 2013 enhancements, including Timelines and the latest pivot table models
- Work efficiently with ranges, cells, and R1C1-style formulas
- Build super-fast applications with arrays
- Write Excel 2013 VBA code that works on older versions of Excel
- Create custom dialog boxes to collect information from your users
- Use error handling to make your macros more resilient
- Use web queries and new web service functions to integrate data from anywhere
- Master advanced techniques such as classes, collections, and custom functions
- Build sophisticated data mining and business analysis applications
- Read and write to both Access and SQL Server databases
- Control other Office programs–and even control Windows itself
- Start writing Excel Apps similar to those in the Excel App Store
About the Authors
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on "Call for Help with Leo Laporte" and has produced more than 1,200 episodes of his daily video podcast, "Learn Excel from MrExcel." He is the author of 30 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. You will most frequently find Bill taking his show on the road, doing half-day Power Excel seminars wherever he can find a room full of accountants or Excellers. Before founding MrExcel.com, Jelen spent 12 years in the trenches working as a financial analyst for finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives near Akron, Ohio with his wife, Mary Ellen, and his sons, Josh and Zeke.
Tracy Syrstad, works as an Excel and Access Consultant. As part of the Mr.Excel.com Consulting team, she has helped develop VBA solutions for clients around the world. She remembers the painful trek up the VBA learning curve while developing applications for co-workers at a former job. She is co-editor of Holy Macro!, It's 600 Excel VBA Examples CD” and editor of Dreamboat On Word.