Adding Manual (drop-down) Filter Buttons to PivotTable Headings

bgipple

I have created a pivot table on Excel 2010 but I want to get the drop down (manual) filter buttons on each heading. It only shows up on one heading (top of each column) instead of all of them. How do I add them??

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi and Welcome to the Board,

It's not clear to me what you mean by (paraphrased) "all of the Headings, not just the ones at the top of each column."

For example, if you have Row Fields State and City, I think you are saying you can add the drop down filter on the Column Headings and see all the States, or all the Cities, but you want to click on Pivot Item "California" and see filters for "Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco". Is that correct?

If so, I'm pretty sure that functionality isn't available for PivotTables.

Upvote 0
I apologize I must be phrasing it wrong.

There are 6 columns in this pivot table. The headings for these columns are: Person, Units Sold in Jan, Units Sold in Feb, Total Units Sold, Cost per Unit, and Total Revenue. But I can only seem to get a drop-down filter button for the "Person" heading/column. All the other columns/headings do not have that button. Is there any way to get that drop-down filter button in every column? Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Those other headings sound like they are DataField headings.
I'm not aware of a way to add manual drop down filters to Data Fields.

Have you tried using Slicers? They were added with Excel 2010.

Upvote 0
Okay, that's kind of what I figured since I've been trying to figure it out all day with no success.. but yes that seems to be the closest thing to what I'm looking for. I just wanted that info inside the heading cell instead of outside of the table. It'll work though! Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back