Auto-copy a new tab to an existing tab

amir9s

Hi all,

I have a workbook with a sheet called "Sheet A" with formulas referencing another sheet called "Updated Report". However every time I generate that report from an internally made add-on software, it creates a new tab/sheet with a new name ("Updated Report1", "Updated Report1", and so on) instead of updating the same sheet. This will cause my formulas in "Sheet A" to not update.

two ways come to my mind: 1 is to make a macro that every time a new sheet is created that its name starts with "Updated", then everything on that new sheet gets copied into tab "Updated Report" sheet.
Not sure if this is the best way to go around this!

2nd way is to lock the formulas I have in "Sheet A", so even if I delete "Updated Report" sheet, my formulas in "Sheet A" remain as "Updated Report!...." instead of becoming #REF . So when I recreate a new sheet "Updated Report", it automatically updated my "Sheet A". not sure if this is even possible.

I will create a Button later on and assign the macro to it, so every time I click on the button, new report generates and "Sheet A" updates automatically.
Could use all the help. thank you!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back