Automatically copy and re-sort data on different sheets

evantoast

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2B056BF5C3A60DD1!207

I have a list of 3-letter codes in column A which are associated with dates in column B. This list contains dates for the entire year of 2014, and must be sorted by column A, alphabetically. On sheet 2 (titled Returns per Month), I have 2 columns for every month. I would like the columns A&B from sheet 1 to be automatically sorted into the proper month's columns on sheet 2. On sheet 2, I want the data to be sorted by date, then code. I will be constantly inserting lines with more data throughout the year. The whole purpose of having sheet 1 automatically sort itself into sheet 2 was to prevent me from having to select all of sheet 1 and sort it by column B, then move over the specific month into sheet 2, then re-sort sheet 1. Since new data is constantly being added into sheet 1, this would help keep sheet 2 accurate at all times, without maintenance.

I was trying to find a formula that would copy over the range (A4:B1000) from sheet 1 into sheet 2’s A/B (Jan), C/D (Feb), E/F (Mar) etc.. but also neglect any blank cells or cells that contain dates from any month other than the specified month.

I’m sure something like this is possible, but I’m assuming it would involve macros, which I have no experience with. Help please!

I’ve uploaded the workbook above, so anyone who wants to help me can see what I am trying to achieve. I’ve manually entered the information into where it belongs on sheet 1 and 2. Data is never entered into sheet 2, but I have added it so it looks the way I want it to end up.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back