Average Line on a Chart, based on how many months are left

underz

Hi All,

TL;DR: Need to figure out how to formulate the remaining sales dollars required based on how many selling months are left, based on what month it is, and put the remaining sales dollars required as an average line in a chart.

- description

I can get the average line on the chart no problem, however the formula to get what I want is where I am having trouble.

Customers are required to hit their own sales levels based on agreements we have in our loyalty program. 12 months to hit say $140,000 in sales.

I would like our sales managers to be able to filter by the customer they want and get a snapshot of where their customer is currently sitting in a specific month.

For my example, Oct 1 to June 30th have been tallied & charted, and the last 3 months would be an 'average line' based on the remaining 3 values. How would I write the formula to average out the remaining dollars required based on how many months are left? There is a month cell that says the month.

Oct 1 - June 30th = $134,000
Last 3 months would need an average of $2,000 a month to hit the $140,000 goal.

I've uploaded my excel, and the drawn in red line starting at row 32 "Current Sales" is the chart I need help with.

Column W, X and Y are the ones that would be needed to populate the average line.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=52305502221853812137&t=5230550222185381213778243

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back