Best way to show quantities and ratio on same chart?

hmmmidk220

Board Regular
Hi!
smile.gif

I'm not sure if I can attach a file but here is my sample data:

Early For Class On TimeLate For Class Grand Total% on time
Person A2438535546351984%
Person B127411718591%
Person C253688840978%
Person D5209310171486%
Person E22012429864254%
Person F4891098968787%
Grand Total 4046 968 1138 6152

<colgroup><col span="2"><col span="2"><col span="2"><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

But basically I have some sample data with number of times 6 people have been early for class, on time, or late for class.

The most important thing I want to show is the % each person has been on time and early (just one value, just the sum of on time and early divided by the total). But since there is such discrepancy between the total volumes of each person, I also want to show somehow the total quantities. So I want the viewer to be able to see essentially how often each person has been late but also get a sense of the sample size of each person.

I've created a sample chart but I'm not sure how to show it? I just created a chart that is a stacked column of each quantity (x axis is person name) on the first series, while the second series is a line chart that just plots the % on time. Is there a better way to show this? I feel like people usually associate line charts with the passage of time which doesn't make sense here. Also since showing the % late is the most important thing, it doesn't pop out as such since it's a line on the second series. Not sure...

Any advice?

Thanks!​

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Anyone have any ideas? I thought about a pie chart where the quantities are shown and then in each slice I put the % late, but that's confusing because I want to show % late and not % of each quantity..if that makes sense. Any ideas? :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back