Calculate a sum based on a date range

gebo84

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that Logs Queries that we receive each day. The queries then have a number assigned to them for how many documents the request is asking for.

The date is input into Column B (01-Jan-18 as example) and on the same row in column U there is a number input (3 for example)
The sheet is named "Tracking"

In the same workbook but in a different sheet i have my data collection sheet, that is divided into months.

So, I need a formula that will look from the data collection sheet, into the tracking sheet for the monthly range (lets use January as an example) but return the total sum in Column U.

Is that possible?

i have been given a SUMPRODUCT formula to use but i cant get it to calculate the total sum for each month.

Thanks
George

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Just thinking quickly, you could probably make another column in your tracking sheet that reads the date column and outputs the month only. If it looks dumb, just hide the column afterwards. Then use a sumif formula in the data collection sheet to find all the January, as in your example, and take the total from column U.

Upvote 0
If you put the column that only outputs the month in say column C, your data collection sheet was Sheet2, and you had January in cell A1 in the data collection sheet, the sumif formula would look something like =SUMIF(Tracking!C1:C100,Sheet2!A1,Tracking!U1:U100)

Upvote 0
Sorted using that method! thanks for your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back