Calendar to track maintenance on aircraft

Jcc710

I work on aircraft. Roughly 25 of them. They all need to have batteries swapped out every 28 days. Sometimes two aircraft fall on the same day as we do not do them on weekends. Those dates are tracked a number of ways through various systems we have in place but I would like a quick view method for my fellow colleagues. The new batteries require roughly 36 hours to prep before going in so knowing at a quick glance that an aircraft is due would be very beneficial to everyone in my shop.

Here's what I'm envisioning.

A full 12 month calendar that has 4 cells per day block of the month. 1 cell for the numbered day and the other 3 cells below it to populate in the Aircraft numbers. I'd prefer each month to be its own worksheet to allow for optimal viewing when printed. A 13th sheet would contain a table with all the aircraft in one column, the last accomplished date in the next column and the following columns would contain the new dates that the battery swap would need to be accomplished. All the way across until we hit 2019.

I can build the monthly worksheets. I can build the 13th worksheet for the data. What I cant for the life of me figure out is how to make the 12 worksheets auto populate the Aircraft numbers into the respective dates on the calendar.
Example of the data:

A(Aircraft) B(Last Accom) C(Next Due) D(Next Due)
1 A2001 20180214 20180314 20180411

I understand I can use something as simple as =Date(2018,02,14) in cell B1 and then =B1+28 in cell C1 but I have zero knowledge on how to make the calendar pull the information and just return column A's data for the respective date.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
This is really better suited for Access database. Send me yr email and I'll send you an example db.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back