Camera Tool with Match

Gift2women

I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs: Sheet1 is Summary and Sheet2 - Sheet20 are all the details (but from here on, we will focus on Sheet1 and Sheet2 as Sheets3-20 will follow the same logic as Sheet2, but I don't want to be told that if it is only one sheet why waste my time). Sheet1!B1:L1 contains the header that is used on all sheets. I am using the Camera tool so that a snap of the data can sit in B2 in Sheet2 (as I cannot use macros and (for cell sizing reasons) I don't want to do merged cells). Now in B3 in Sheet2 I want a snap of the detail row (Sheet1!B:L) where Sheet1!A:A matches Sheet2!A3; I added the snap manually and then tried to change the formula as =Index(Sheet1!$B:$L, Match(A3, Sheet1!$A:$A, 0)), but it says "This formula is missing a range reference or defined name." I tried this a couple of additional ways including with an Indirect/Match but was greeted by the same error message. Is there a way to add a formula to a camera reference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
This is a (late :eek:) thought

Why did you eliminate VBA at the outset? Is it because you do not want the workbook to contain macros when used by others?

VBA (held in a different workbook) could be used to create the structure including all Named Ranges, all "snaps" and their formulas
- let me know if that is of interest and I will post suitable code

Upvote 0
That's an interesting thought, keeping the VBA in another sheet, which would work if I had more control over the spreadsheets ... but there are those who if they are not using a sheet think they should move/delete these files and leave those of us who create stuck in purgatory. That is a great thought for future projects (that I can retain some sort of ownership on) ... can't say I ever considered that before when I have had the issue of not wanting to have an xlsm file. Thanks for the idea, but I think the previous assistance gets me where I need to go. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back