Code to Unhide All Columns Upon Deactivate Tab (when I change from tab 1 to tab 2, unhide tab 1 columns)

johnlucasprice

Summary: I need to perform an action (unhide all columns) whenever I switch to a different worksheet.
Detail: I have a file with 2 tabs (worksheets). Tab 1 contains daily data, and when people are done with the current week they group and hide the columns for that week. This allows them to only view the new week and do an easy copy/paste into other applications. Tab 2 totals up the daily data from Tab 1 and shows monthly totals. The problem is that when they hide Tab 1 columns for past days, the formulas in Tab 2 don't "find" that hidden data. I would like to write a basic code that unhides all Tab 1 columns when I switch to Tab 2 so the formulas on Tab 2 reflect accurate totals. My thought is that it would be Worksheet code on Tab 1 using "Deactivate". I've tried to piece together different bits of code but can't get anything to work properly. I don't want them to have to run a macro or click a button, I'd like it to be automated when they switch tabs. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Lucas

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
this is something simple. . . right now it only does the active sheet however you can make changes to perform the code on the proper page.
Code:
Sub UnHideMe()

For Each col In ActiveSheet.Columns
col.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Next col
End Sub

Upvote 0
Lucas,

Perhaps try....
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
End Sub

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! Actually Tony's code worked perfectly with the "Deactivate" function I wanted to use. Very simple and effective.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back