Conditional Copying and Pasting of a Row

Madraykin

Board Regular
Hi All,

Presume this will be VBA-based - I have the below table (sensitive data, so I've dummied some data into my table structure)

DigitTypePopulationChannelMessage 1Message 2
1Red0STOPSTOPSTOP
2Blue1000OnlineHiGoodbye
3Green5000OnlineHelloSee ya
4Black0STOPSTOPStop
5Yellow10000OnlineGood MorningAdios

<tbody>
</tbody>

Basically I am automating a huge string of processes into my spreadsheet that will action when I choose a value from a drop-down box in sheet 'Step 1' - so far I have achieved all of this by formulae alone, but what I need to do now is create a definitive list that only shows the rows with a population greater than 0, and which don't read 'STOP' in the cells (all of the 0 population rows will read STOP - anything with a population above 0 will contain data)

So the above is in a sheet called 'Step 3' - I need something that will look at the above table, select rows 2,3 and 5 (ie. those with populations greater than 0) and then paste them below the table in a new list (this will start at cell A91 on sheet 'Step 3')

I'm still a VBA beginner in terms of writing my own code but am getting better at understanding what code actually does, and how to adapt it

If this process could be something that triggers automatically when the source cells are populated (at the moment they are blank until I choose my variable from the dropdown on Step 1 sheet) that would be even better!

Any help appreciated - I really learn something new from you guys each time I post on here!

Thanks in advance

Mads

PS if needed my original data starts in Row 59 (Columns A-F) and finishes at Row 83 (Columns A-F)

Last edited:
You haven't wasted my time. I will work on a modification of the macro based on what I can see in your picture and we can go from there.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Thank you so much! I've got it kind of working now, but it's pasting all of the rows with zero values rather than the rows without zero values - I'm quite enjoying this sleuthing!

Upvote 0
Try:
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("I1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long
    LastRow = Sheets("Step 3").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    Sheets("Step 3").Range("A58:F" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=">0"
    Sheets("Step 3").Range("A59:F" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy
    Sheets("Step 3").Range("A151").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    If Sheets("Step 3").AutoFilterMode = True Then Sheets("Step 3").AutoFilterMode = False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
As you are pasting values below the existing table, I'd suggest changing this line
Code:
LastRow = Sheets("Step 3").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
to
Code:
    LastRow = Sheets("Step 3").Range("A58").End(xlDown).Row

Upvote 0
We have lift off!!!!!

That is populating correctly now, fantastic work mumps you're a star!

Now I have to try and work out how to return the sheet to its native state for when I pick a new variable from the dropdown, as currently it's giving a 'can't copy and paste over existing data' error or an empty cells error if I delete them manually.

I'm going to keep trying and see where I get to.

Wishes of being able to repay your kindness coming right at you mumps!

Upvote 0
Thank you so much to both mumps and Fluff yesterday - my spreadsheet model is now complete and is doing everything I want it to!!! I'm so pleased. I've managed to write Step 4 and a macro to 'reset' the sheet, the only issue I'm having now is that the code that mumps so kindly provided yesterday (which is, I must add, working perfectly) is causing a final error message on reset of the spreadsheet - a Run Time Error 1004 - No Cells were found error.

The code that mumps and Fluff helped me with (adapted to fit my needs) goes like this:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)    If Intersect(Target, Range("I1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Sheets("Step 3").Range("A59:F" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy
    If Sheets("Step 3").AutoFilterMode = True Then Sheets("Step 3").AutoFilterMode = False
End Sub

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the error message that pops up when cell I1 on Sheet Step 1 becomes blank again?

Any help appreciated as always!

Upvote 0
As mumps seems to be offline at the mo.
Try this
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Target, Range("I1")) Is Nothing [COLOR=#0000ff]Or Len(Target) = 0[/COLOR] Then Exit Sub
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Sheets("Step 3").Range("A59:F" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.copy
End Sub

Upvote 0
Worked like a charm Fluff - you really are all big Stars on here aren't you?

Big Brownie points for me this end :)

Thank you so so much!

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back