Continuous count based on two factors

Luke1979

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on the forum but I have always gotten a lot of help from reading other posts.

Here is my question:

I have a workbook in which I have created a tracking program with a user interface, the information posted to the interface gets stored into hidden worksheets in the workbook. I want to have a count of the information on the interface. One of the counts specifically is how many beanie hats were bought each year. I need a formals, probably VBA that will constantly keep a count of how many blue beanie hats were bought in 2011 and display that count on the interface. I am using excel 2003. another important thing to note is that the data is being updated by users on a continual basis and while the information IS being somewhat controlled by limiting choices to drop down boxes, there are several different variables (hats, shirts, pants, shorts ect.) and the year the item was sold can vary as well, as in it goes back before 2011 and will continue past 2011.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Hi Luke,

Have you tried Pivot Table.

You can creat a Pivot Table and refresh it and it will give you the how many blue beabie hats were bought.

Hope it works for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back