Copy and append data to a separate worksheet using VBA

BlurSotong

Hi all

Been looking around and couldn't find a suitable VBA code. (I'm not well-versed in coding thus don't know enough to update the codes that I found online). Hoping I can get some help here.

I have 2 worksheets.

Worksheet1: Data is entered from
Column A
Column B
Column C
Column D
Column E
Column F
Column G
Column H - No. of times to multiple the data in Worksheet2

I need to copy and append the data from Worksheet1.Column A to G to Worksheet2.Column C to I based on the number specified in Worksheet1.Column H. The number differs for every row. E.g. If for Row 10, the value in Column H is 6 means I have to duplicate the data in Row 10, 6 times in Worksheet2. If for another row, the number is 15, I have to duplicate the corresponding data 15 times in Worksheet2.

Data in Worksheet1 is an operation worksheet thus the data will be entered on different days. Will only want to copy and append the new data or to select the specific row to be copied. Also when doing the copy, the new data has to append to the existing data in Worksheet 2 (i.e. no overwriting).

Hope the experts in this Forum will be able to help me :).

Thanks so much in advance.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Re: Need help with copy and append data to a separate worksheet using VBA

Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab for your Sheet1 and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Save your workbook as a macro-enabled file. This is a Worksheet_Change macro that is triggered automatically when you enter a value in column H in your case and exit the cell. So if you enter the number 6 in cell H10 and exit the cell, the range from column A to column G in that row will be copied six times to Sheet2 starting in column C.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    ActiveSheet.Range("A" & Target.Row & ":G" & Target.Row).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Resize(Target.Value)
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Upvote 0

Thanks so much! It works very well

Upvote 0

You are very welcome. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sramesh1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back