Create sub list from Master list- not by any criteria

tbseay

What I need seems simple but I can't figure it out and searching with no luck on answers.

For my construction business, I have a master list of all subcontractors possible to use (312 of them) with all of their contact info. For each job I want a list of the specific subcontractors working that job.

Right now I have used 2 ways: 1- copy and paste just the contacts needed. or, the inverse and hiding/deleting the ones not needed. But, the downfall of that is that I inevitably accidentally mess up holding down control to select multiples while scrolling through so many rows and have to start over.

Each job that pops up is unique so there is no criteria that I can filter by to create a new sheet/workbook.

The worksheet is set up into a row for each contact with multiple columns for all the other info.

I am picturing a column of check boxes that I can quickly go through and "check" the ones I need, run a macro or something and just those selections to appear in a new sheet or workbook. Does this exist? I am pretty sufficient in excel but not a super techy person!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Try this and see if it will do what you want.

On your master sheet double click on the cell in column (A) if you want that row of data copied to Sheet(2)

Keep going down the sheet and double click on the cell in column (A) of every row you want copied over.

The row will be copied over as soon as you double click on the cell.
This is assuming you always have some data in column A of that row.

Now if you want the script to also create a new sheet for you at the beginning I can add that to the script also if you want.

This script always copies the rows to Sheet(2) which is always the second sheet on your Tab bar.

This is an auto sheet event script
Your Workbook must be Macro enabled
To install this code:
Right-click on the sheet tab
Select View Code from the pop-up context menu
Paste the code in the VBA edit window

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Target.Column = 1 And Target.Value <> "" Then
Cancel = True
Dim Lastrow As Long
Lastrow = Sheets(2).Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Rows(Target.Row).Copy Sheets(2).Rows(Lastrow)
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back