Ctrl + Shift + 0 - Unhide Columns Not Working

xljunkie

Board Regular
I've already gone through the steps of going to language settings and putting Not Assigned on both the Ctrl and Alt buttons. It worked for about a day and then it just stopped working again. Is there a way I can assign this same keyboard shortcut to a macro?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
some bits record quite well, others just seem to be ignored, have you tried recording ?

Upvote 0
some bits record quite well, others just seem to be ignored, have you tried recording ?

I know how to write the code to unhide columns. My question is if I can assign it to Ctrl + Shift + 0. I'll keep researching a way to get this done.

I recently changed computers to a new model with Windows 10 and Excel 2016. Ctrl + Shift + 9 works fine (unhide rows). And from the research I've done, it appears for most people, simply going to the language settings and putting Not Assigned on the advanced input settings fixes the problem. For me, it worked for about a day and then stopped working again.

Upvote 0
Exactly the same story with me. The language settings trick always used to work, and DID work for maybe a day. But for the life of me I can't get it to work now.
I'm on the latest Win10 and Excel 2016. I can't wrap my head around how it can behave differently??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back