Custom Format 2 Colours

Lewzerrrr

Hey,

I'm trying to show my percentage changes with percentage and up or down arrow. I've used the custom format for green for positive and red for negative but this makes the number coloured aswell when I want to to retain as black.

[Green]0%▲;[Red]-0%▼;

I noticed I can't use this [Black]0%[Green]▲;[Black]-0%▼;

Is this possible? What's another solution if not possible?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hi ,

Instead of the UP and DOWN arrows , can you not use the in-built icon sets , which have the UP arrow in GREEN and the DOWN arrow in RED ?

When you use Conditional Formatting to display the icon sets , the arrows are coloured whereas the values themselves are displayed in black colour.

Upvote 0
Hi ,

Instead of the UP and DOWN arrows , can you not use the in-built icon sets , which have the UP arrow in GREEN and the DOWN arrow in RED ?

When you use Conditional Formatting to display the icon sets , the arrows are coloured whereas the values themselves are displayed in black colour.

I don't really like the built in icon sets and it places them to the left of the percentage instead of right. I mean I could use a helper column I guess :) but if there's a solution for same cell that would be great. VBA could work also.

Upvote 0
Hi ,

When you format a cell to show the UP / DOWN arrows , the cell itself does not contain those arrows , and so , even VBA cannot color them RED or GREEN.

Only if the cell contains the arrows can VBA color them.

Making the cell contain the arrows will effectively make it text rather than a number , and you will not be able to use the cell contents directly for any calculations ; every formula that need the cell value will have to remove the arrow from it before it can use the numeric value.

Inserting an additional column only to display the arrows would be easier.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back