Cut and paste question

Oneida100

I'm sure this is a very basic question for the folks here but, not being an Excel guru I figured I would ask the experts here. I am working with an Excel sheet on a regular basis which I update each week. This involves a lot of cutting and pasting. Sometimes when I do my updates and use the cut and paste functions the following will occur. I highlight the cells that I want to cut, right click > cut and the view will bring me to the top of the column. Other times I highlight the cells> right click> cut and the view stays at the last cell.

The first scenario speeds up my cutting and pasting process quite a bit but, I can't seem to figure out what I need to do in order to get my cursor (view) to automatically return to the top of the column once I cut the cells.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
When you select cut the view will jump to the active cell, the first cell you clicked on and will be white wile the rest of the select is blue.

Upvote 0
That is correct but, what I am looking to have happen is, after I right click > cut, I want the screen to go back to the first cell in the column that I am cutting. Instead, at least this week, the screen remains at the bottom of the column I am cutting. So now I have to scroll back up to the top before I can paste into the desired cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trystel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back