Data analysis involving two data sets of co-ordinates

Fordie

Hi all,

I have a really pressing question. I am currently undergoing my final year research thesis and have carried out a quasi experiment. Now I need to analyse the data but finding it very hard. I have no clue when it comes to excel or data analysis so any advice would be good.

I have four data columns in excel as follows:
Fixed Path X, Fixed Path Y, Participant Path X, and Participant Path Y

From the data I created two scatter plot graphs. One highlighting the fixed path (X,Y) and one highlighting the participant path (X,Y). In essence the points represent a location in a four metre by four metre grid and therefore each point on my scatter plot is a certain coordinate.

now my data sets for the fixed path XY, have a total of 80 data points and my data sets for my participant path XY, have a total of 68 data points.

What I want to do is see how accurate my participant path is when it is superimposed onto the fixed path. The fixed path is what the expected path they were supposed to take, and the participant path is my observed path. so basically i need to see how close they were to the actual fixed path..... but i have encountered these main problems when attempting to analyse the data:
1. I am dealing with two sets of varying coordinates
2. I have varying total number of data in my data sets

Can anyone help me? sorry if I've made a mistake anywhere above!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
hi,

so you have 68 datapoints and 80 datapoints of one or more participants? if only one, you can't give this any statistical meaning. Could you elaborate on the setup of your experiment?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back