Data input in one table and populate another!

KileyHamm

I have the season schedule for the NBA and am trying to populate the team tables when I input the scores into the season table. I have researched and tried to figure out using the vlookup function, and cannot seem to figure it out. The season table is organized by date, so the teams (home/away) are in different columns and the scores will be input into different columns. Could really use some help, this will cut time from having to input scores into all individual team tables.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
On the team table I have Date, Home Team, Home Score, Away Team, Away Score. On the Team Table I have Date, H/A, Opponent, Home Score, Away Score. The Schedule is sorted in date order. So what I am trying to do is to be able to insert the scores into the Schedule table and have it populate the scores in the team tables. That way I don't have to go to the individual team tables and input scores (that gets repetitious!).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cindykay

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back