Data Link Properties

Starkey

Board Regular
Morning all

I have a programme (VBA macro) that extracts data from all excel workbooks that are moved to a specific folder and adds it to a master workbook. All works fine except for those rare instances where the workbook appears previously to have been connected to a data source. In such a scenario I get a pop up box, labelled 'Data Link Properties', which asks me connect to a data source

Is there anyway that I can bypass this pop up box please? I'm not able to reconnect to a data source because I've no idea where the data originated from

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Nemmi

Thanks for taking the time & trouble Nemmi

I did do something similar yesterday and I still got the pop up box. I assumed it was because there was no active connection hence nothing to delete. But to the uninitiated like me it's almost as if my code spots when I open certain workbooks that the information contained within it originated from an access database (or whatever) and it's trying to re-establish that connection again!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janzablox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back