Employee Attendance Tracker Drop Down Menu

Red_Devil

I have a spreadsheet with employee information in tables which I would like to be able to populate in a different table from a drop down list of staff. The simplest way to show you what I need is if you look at the generic Microsoft 'Employee Attendance Tracker' here https://templates.office.com/en-us/Employee-attendance-tracker-TM02780235 and in the calendar view the drop down menu populates the calendar with staff information and this is what I am after. My Excel expertise level is probably 2 or 3 out of 10 so any information/guidance on how to achieve this will be gratefully received!
Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Any takers?
Was hoping to have my spreadsheet fully functional for a meeting on 12th June, or at least be able to demonstrate some progress with this problem. I have searched and found one possible solution but this requires a different worksheet for each employee and with over 100 employees this would probably not be the best solution.
Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Upvote 0
Update:
Was able to resolve the problem by duplicating my tables and re-arranging each table into one row and then using VLOOKUP to extract the data to my drop down list and 2 row table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back