Excel 2003 VBA searching and editing data using a userform?

jazzychrissy

Hey!
I have a lot of data on an excel spreadsheet which has many columns for different required fields of pieces of data.
New data can be input using a user form, and this works well. However now i would like the user to be able to search for a row of data and update/edit the details of this data using a userform. How can i do this? (I have already figured out how to use the Search command, just cant do the updating!)
:)

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
You could certainly do this with a userform, but why not first try Data>Form...

Upvote 0
You could certainly do this with a userform, but why not first try Data>Form...

Thanks! thats really helpful.
I recorded a macro that searched for the data, and brought up the "data form" you referred to. However, when this menu came up, it did not bring the searched data up. it simply brought the first data in the spreadsheet up instead....
Any ideas how i can fix this?
Thanks

Upvote 0
I think I seen problems previously when trying to call the in-built form using code.

I'm sure it's possible, and I'm sure you can get it to display the correct data - might be something to do with what cell/range is selected.

I've got to admit I would probably favour a userform since it will give you far more control over what's going on.

But the drawback is that you would need to write all the code for searching, deleting, editing etc.

That might be quite a task to try but once done it's done, and plenty of other people have done it before.

And some of those people have posted code/add-ins etc, so a web search might not be a bad idea.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back